Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The More I Blog...

...the less inspired I'm feeling.  There are times in my life where I'm sickened by this materialistic lifestyle of name brands and corporate companies - I feel so GUILTY!  which explains my token posts of vintage and auction items.

Deep down inside, I'm truly a thrift store gal.  The gift of finding gold at the Goodwill is an innate skill.  My mother's got it and HER mother had it.  Creepy? or not, my mother frequents thrift stores to browse and be closer to my grandmother.  I think I'll be doing the same when my mom passes.

That's it.  Concept change.  I'm not going to blog again until my next visit to the thrift store.  I will be taking pictures of items that catch my eye and are worth buying.  Unfortunately for my readers, you can't get them because you all live so far away!  But, you can definitely search your local second hand store for a similar item.  Good luck with that! <---I'm being super sarcastic.

Allow my blog to be a simple reminder that we needn't splurge on items that grow so quickly "out of season".  We can support the cause and damn the man.

====

A peak at this new blog concept:

Goodwill, brand new Kimono Coasters! - $0.99

1 comment:

  1. Well, I love the idea. And it's YOUR blog, so you can change the concept, and change it again if you like! I do think finding things at Goodwill is a skill few people have, and honestly a skill a lot of people think they don't need... I bet you can prove them wrong! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete