Saturday, December 11, 2010

Goodwill in Arcadia, Las Tunas Drive

On my commute home, there's a huge Goodwill store.  I've been eyeing it for the past couple months, however unable to stop because I'm too exhausted from work and just want to head home.  Tonight, on the other hand, I stopped and boy did I find some good stuff!

The only thing I purchased was a pair of Campers! for my mom (size 37 - wish I could fit them!).  Came home and googled it.  They're called "Campers for Asia",  I'm guessing they're specifically designed for Camper locations in Asia?  Anyways, they were listed on Endless.com for original price $119.00 and on sale for $65.00!  SCORE! I only paid $14.99.



Some other things I really wanted, but didn't get:


How cool are these!?  I can imagine someone like Jude Law or Johnny Depp dropping these off at the Goodwill.  Ya ya?? haha...


I looooooove retro luggage.  This was only $14.99 and looked like it had never been used.  Super clean on the inside - light pink interior. 


Thought this was super funny. I should've got it - only $4.99


I really really wanted this, but the film wind-up thing was broken.  It's an authentic Nikon camera, made in Japan.  It was $39.99.  Not sure how much it would've cost me to repair the wind-up part so I didn't get it.  Maybe I'll do some research and see if it's worth it.

Yay! for thrift store browsing.  

In response to a previous comment about being unsure if people want this "skill" of finding goodies at thrift stores....  I suppose it is a skill and I'm not saying it's something people want or need, but I've been complimented many, many times on being able to find great things at second hand stores.  Just sharing the love on my blog now, tis all.  You might think this is all a buncha junk, but to me - it's totally worth it when I get complimented on my latest thrift store purchase and I'm able to brag about how cheap it was.  

Every picture I posted on this specific blog, I could have probably found on the Urban Outfitters website for 3x's the price, marked with a tag that reads "Urban Renewal".  =/   Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment